The Concert Committee (CC) is responsible for funding students and student groups who are planning concerts at Wesleyan.
The budget of the CC is drawn from the larger budget controlled by the SBC. This larger budget comes from the annual Student Activities Fee, which is included as part of tuition costs. Student groups that would like to come in to request funds from the CC must already be registered as an official active student group by COCo and must designate a financial contact.
Members of the CC are appointed at the beginning of each academic year to serve year-long terms. The Chair of the CC is appointed at the end of the academic year to serve a year-long term during the upcoming academic year.
Requesting Funds From the CC
- Create a funding request form. Click on the “Request SBC Funding” link on the WSA homepage (listed under “Student Groups”) and log in to be taken to “WSA Tools and Applications” in your E-portfolio. There you will find the SBC Allocations tab, where you can choose to create or update a request form. You must submit your request through this online allocation system AT LEAST 14 days prior to your CC meeting in order to be eligible for funding.
- Note any amounts entered under “Additional Sources of Funding” or “Predicted Income”
- Click “SUBMIT to SBC” in green, when you are finished detailing your request.
- You can email individual members of the CC detailing the request if needed.
- Sign up for a time slot to meet with the CC on the sign-up sheet in the WSA office.
- The CC meets with student groups on Sundays starting at 1:00pm in Usdan 114.
- The sign-up sheet will be posted on the door to the WSA office starting Saturday afternoon.
- Note that the CC does not fund …
- Groups unrecognized by COCo.
- A request that has not been submitted through the online allocation system at least 14 days prior to meeting with the SBC.
- Events that violate University Policy
- Donations, gifts, or prizes.
- Food or Drink unless it directly relates to the cultural purpose of the event. Food and drink should be used for cultural exposure and not for providing full meals.
- Program House events that are not open to the greater community.
- Honoraria or expenses for current faculty.
- Trips that occur over breaks.
- Alcoholic beverages, spirits, tobacco products, controlled or illegal substances.
- Facility or maintenance upgrades.
- Events that are not directly related to the mission statement of the group. If a group’s mission statement is too ambiguous, the SBC will require that the group have COCo approve a satisfactory revision before allocating funds.
- Funding requests from groups planning identity months that have not met with a delegation of SBC and SALD members at least 21 days prior to any events.
- Honoraria or expenses for Wesleyan alumni who graduated more than five years ago.
Accessing the CC’s Decision and Your Funds
- To find the results of the request and the CC’s decision, go to “View Submitted Request Form” on the same SBC Allocations tab and look under Request Information.
- If the CC deferred your request, you can still apply for money at later time.
- Go to the WSA office to utilize your funds. Receive reimbursements upon presenting valid receipts, write a check using your funds, or use the WSA credit card for large sums.